Professional and Business English
Advanced English for specific purposes.
Thematic curriculum customized for the learner’s professional goals.
- Linguistic targets include written communication for emails, memos, and reports, as well as spoken communication for meetings, conference calls, and presentations.
- Focus is placed on pronunciation, vocabulary building, listening, and basic cross-cultural expectations.
- Linguistic targets include complex cross-cultural knowledge, presentation and negotiation skills, vocabulary building of idioms, slang, humor, and allusion.
Focus is placed on self-expression, cultural translation, and linguistic control in social and professional situations.
Advanced English for Professionals
Idioms and Collocations
- Articles and other parts of speech
- Gerunds vs. infinitives
- Immersive language acquisition
- Modification and ambiguity
- Register, stress, and intonation
- Business news and reports
- Communication skills at work
- Innovation and creativity
- Measurement and approximation
- Meetings and brainstorming
- Plans, decisions, and regulations
- Presentation and conferencing
- Research and development
- Agreeing and disagreeing
- Common American expressions
- Emphasizing and intensifying
- Ideas, thoughts, and opinions
- Responding and requesting
- Socializing and discussing issues